Below are some of the services for older adults and people with disabilities. We hope that these services help meet your needs and make your library experience more pleasant.
- Audio Books for Children, Teens and Adults. Enjoy listening to your favorite books on CD.
- The ClearView+ Speech video magnifier. Adjust the text size or the audio volume for your convenience. Read or listen to books, newspapers or magazines. Available to use in our business center.
The ClearView+ Speech HD video magnifier combines video magnification and text-to-speech technology. It allows you to magnify reading materials up from 1X to 95X on its 24 inch monitor. There are numerous high contrast viewing modes to read text with as well as color mode for viewing photos.
The speech-to-text ability of the this system is very good and unique that it allows for a full scan of a page and then you can have t read different sections of text to you. It has more than 60 reading voices in over 30 languages. It also allows for document and photo storage to reference later. It is very easy to use and begin using the text-to speech feature. This allows the patient to listen to books, articles, letters and mail.
This system can be used to write letters, checks and pay bills when writing underneath the camera. This new system has some of the newest technology available which merges OCR text-to-speech capabilities with the traditional video magnifier.
- Large print collection. Choose from thousands of fiction and non-fiction titles from our large print collection.
- Sign Language. Find a collection of sign language instruction books and dvd’s in our Adult and Children’s collection.
- Free Homebound Delivery. We deliver library materials to homebound patrons every week. Call (860) 889-2365, ext. 100, for more information.