BIKE LOCK POLICY
Forgot your lock at home? Don’t have a bike lock? Not to worry!
Otis Library has bike locks available to check out at the Front Desk.
Otis Library provides bike locks in order to secure bicycles to our provided bike racks. This program offers patrons who have forgotten their bike locks an alternative to leaving their bikes unlocked.
Disclaimer: By loaning bike locks Otis Library does not assume any responsibility for property if it is lost, stolen, or damaged. The borrower accepts all legal liability associated with the use of the lock and key. By borrowing the bike lock/key, the borrower agrees to pay for the lock/key if damaged, lost, or stolen.
Here is how it Works:
- Bike locks are available to patrons with a valid library card.
- Bike locks are available for checkout from the Front Desk.
- Bike locks must be returned to the Front Desk by closing time on the same day they are borrowed.
- Bike locks CANNOT be placed in the book drops.
- If the bike lock and key are lost or not returned by closing on the same day they were borrowed, the patron is responsible for the full replacement cost of $40.00.