Did you know you can borrow some of the best new movies on DVD and Blu-ray for free from Otis Library? Our collection includes popular movies for both adults & children, documentaries, instructional films and more.
Borrowing DVDs & Blue-ray Disks
A household is allowed a maximum of twelve (12) DVDs checked out at the same time, with limits imposed as follows:
Three (3) children’s nonfiction DVDs;
Three (3) children’s fiction DVDs;
Three (3) adult nonfiction DVDs;
Three (3) adult fiction DVDs.
Patrons may not check out more than three (3) DVDs in any category.
As of the implementation date of this policy, Otis Library will allow holds to be placed on its DVDs and will allow them to circulate to other libraries.
The exception to this policy is any DVD that is categorized as “express.” Holds will not be allowed on “express” DVDs.
Loan Periods & Fines
You may have a free library card if you are a resident of Norwich. Apply at the Front Desk; you will need some form of identification (driver’s license, state ID, utility bill, lease, etc.) showing your current address. If you have a current library card from another Connecticut town, you may use it to borrow items at Otis.
Your library card gives you more than borrowing privileges. You also have access to a rich array of online information databases as well as the researchIT CT statewide library catalog.
Otis Library expects you to return all materials on or before the due date, to pay promptly the fines or damages for which you are responsible, and to give immediate notice of change in your address. You are responsible for any item that anyone checks out on your card. If your card is lost or stolen, report the loss at once by phone (860-889-2365) or in person.
- Books 28 days – 14 day renewal
- Magazines & new adult books 14 days
- Magazines (YA and Children’s) 28 days
- Books on CD, music CDs, Playaways 28 days
- Audio Books 28 days
- DVDs 3 adult feature, 3 adult non-fiction, 3 children’s feature and 3 children’s non-fiction: a total of 12 per household
- WiFi Hotspots – 14 days, no renewals, no holds. Must be returned in person
Items on reserve for another borrower may not be renewed.
FINES AND FEES
- Books $0.10/day (max. $2.00 per item)
- DVDs $1.00/day (max. $10.00)
- Express DVDs & Museum Passes $2.00/day (max. $20.00)
- WiFi Hotspots $15.00/day ($200.00 replacement cost)
- Lost card replacement $1.00
- Photocopies and printing $.15/page B&W, $.50 for color
Replacement costs plus a $2 processing fee are charged for lost/damaged items. Fines are automatically posted to your account for any items returned overdue. We reserve the right to revoke borrowing privileges of those who owe fines and fees.